Drilled Bell Bottom Piers in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX
There are many methods that can be used to repair damaged foundations. The team at Accurate Foundation Repair is here to help you determine which option is best for your structure and complete the work needed to support your foundation. One of the many methods we can use to repair your foundation is a drilled bell bottom pier. This method uses a vertical structure with a wide “bell” shape at the base to add support to a concrete slab foundation that is either sinking, heaving, or is otherwise compromised. Our team will determine if these drilled bell bottom piers are the right choice for your Dallas-Fort Worth, TX structure by evaluating the current damage to your foundation and completing some exploratory tests. Call us today if you believe your foundation is in need of repair.
The Bell Bottom Installation Process
The process of installing bell bottom piers at your Dallas-Fort Worth, TX location is relatively straightforward. Our team will ensure you understand the issues with your foundation and how this support system will help improve the problem.
Drilling a bell-bottom pier will include the following steps:
- Soil Testing: We’ll begin by testing your soil at a depth of 15 feet to ensure that we’ve reached stable soil, also known as the load-bearing strata.
- Manual Digging: The digging process must start manually at the surface. We’ll dig along your home’s foundation to reach a depth safe enough for motorized drilling.
- Motorized Drilling: Using a two-person team, we’ll use a specialized drilling tool to create a shaft down to the stable soil beneath your home.
- Digging of Bell Base: The bell-bottom base of the shaft is created using a “belling tool.” This tool features flanges that extend to remove dirt and pull it to the surface. The flanges dig wider than the original shaft, creating the bell shape that gives this method such great stability.
- Pour Concrete/Place Rebar: The bell-bottom and shaft are then filled with wet concrete and reinforced with steel rebar for added strength and durability. The concrete will be leveled at the top and left to cure.
Call Us for Foundation Repair
At Accurate Foundation Repair, we are the local experts on foundation repair in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX. If you’re concerned that your foundation is damaged or needs additional support, let us come and take a look. We’ll be able to determine the cause of your foundation problems and come up with a solution to help fix it for good. Contact us to make an appointment for an inspection.